Cerebrolysin® is recommended in cases of organic brain dysfunction, metabolic and neurodegenerative especially senile dementia of the Alzheimer type.
In cases of post-stroke complications Cerebrolysin® will speed up the recovery period.
Head trauma, post-operative cerebral contusion or concussion requireCerebrolysin®.
Cerebrolysin® active compound: Hydrolyzed protein of porcine brain.
1 (one) ml solution for injection / infusion containing hydrolysed protein from porcine brain in the form of concentrated solution, 215.2 mg and excipients: sodium hydroxide, water for injections.
- Hypersensitivity to the hydrolyzate of porcine brain protein or any of the excipients.
- Severe renal impairment.
In rare cases, Cerebrolysin® treatment effects were associated with:
- Agitation (aggression, confusion, insomnia)
- Hyperventilation, hypertonia, hypotonia, fatigue, tremor, depression, apathy, dizziness and flu symptoms (eg colds, cough, upper respiratory tract infections).
During treatment with Cerebrolysin® reported one case of attack type "grand mal" seizures and
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as loss of appetite, dyspepsia, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting and nausea
- If too rapid injection may be a sensation of warmth or sweating, dizziness and, in isolated cases, palpitations or arrhythmias
- Local reactions at the injection site, such as irritation, itching or burning sensation
- In rare cases have been observed hypersensitivity or allergic reactions such as skin reactions, local reactions vascular headache, neck pain, pain in limb, fever, back pain, chills and shock.
Cerebrolysin® is used in the elderly because the side effects mentioned above are typical for this population and can be observed in the absence of drug use.
Directions to use the Cerebrolysin® :
May be given single doses up to 50 ml / BW (10,760 mg of Cerebrolysin®) but cures treatment is preferable.
A cure best treatment involves administering Cerebrolysin® daily for 10-20 days.
Recommended Cerebrolysin® daily dose:
- Organic brain dysfunction, metabolic and neurodegenerative (dementia) is recommended daily dose of 5-30 ml / BW (1076-6456 mg of hydrolyzed porcine brain protein).
- Complications post - stroke: the recommended daily dose is 10-50 ml / BW (2152-10760 mg of Cerebrolysin®).
- Head trauma, post-operative cerebral contusion or concussion:
Recommended daily dose of 10-50 ml / BW (2152-10760 mg of
- Children: The recommended daily dose is 1-2 ml / BW (215.2 to 430.4 mg of Cerebrolysin®).
Cerebrolysin® efficacy can be increased by repeating cures, until no longer see improvements in your health.
After the initial cure, Cerebrolysin® dose frequency can be reduced to 2-3 times a week.
Must be left free intervals between courses, their duration is equal to the cure.
May be given doses up to 5 ml / BW (1076 mg of Cerebrolysin®) and intramuscularly to 10 ml / BW (2152 mg of Cerebrolysin®) intravenously.
Larger doses of 10-50 ml / BW (2152 up to a max. of 10,760 mg of
Cerebrolysin®) are recommended only as a slow intravenous infusion after
Cerebrolysin® dilution with infusion solutions recommended standard.
The infusion must be between 15 and 60 minutes.
The following standard Cerebrolysin® infusion solutions were tested for 24 hours at room temperature in the presence of light and were declared compatible:
- Sodium chloride solution 0.9% (9 mg Naci / ml)
- Ringer solution (Na 153.98 mmol / l, Ca 2.74 mmol / l, K> 4.02 mmol / l, Cl 163.48 mmol / l)
- Glucose 5%
Vitamins and cardiovascular drugs can be administered concomitantly with Cerebrolysin®, but should not be mixed in the syringe.
Cerebrolysin® is not addictive and doesn't requires special precautions.
Animal studies have shown reproductive toxicity. However, no studies have been performed in humans.
Thus, during pregnancy and breastfeeding Cerebrolysin® should be used only after careful evaluation of the risk / benefit.
Please avoid to buy Cerebrolysin® from unreliable sellers or manufacturers because it is a very sensitive product and an expired lot could lead to more damage than actual support.
The original brand name Cerebrolysin® is Made in Austria.
Cerebrolysin® box of 5 brown glass vials with breaking point 5 ml solution for injection / infusion.